E- Cash Remittance
Looking for a fast, secure and reliable way to send money, from wherever you are, with peace of mind? One time registration will enable you to start sending money to your beloved ones in Sri Lanka.
The E-Cash Remittance Service is available to
- You must be over 18 years of age and a resident of United Kingdom
- BOC UK account holders are not required to register to remit funds
Just few steps for registration
- Complete the online registration form and send the signed form by post/email together with self certified copies of the supporting documents. OR
- Alternatively, you may also visit our office in person with originals of all supporting documents.
How you can send funds to Sri Lanka through BOC UK
Once you have been successfully registered, we will inform you of your eCash reference number through an email. There are three ways in which you can forward funds to BOC UK for onward forwarding to your loved ones in Sri Lanka or to your account in any bank in Sri Lanka.
- Bank-to-Bank transfer for any amount.
Simply make an online transfer from your bank account to our account with HSBC from any location of your choice
- Account Name: Bank of Ceylon (UK) Ltd
- Sort Code: 40-50-56
- Account Number: 01327542
- Payment Reference: REM XXXXX / ER XXXXX
(Your Remitter ID and Beneficiary ID)
Once the online transfer is made please send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”, quoting your E-Cash Remitter ID and the amount transferred.
- A cash deposit of up to £700 can be made at our office. OR
- send a cheque in favour of Bank of Ceylon (UK) Ltd for any amount.
* The remittance will be made when the cheque has cleared.
Thereafter, we shall ensure that your hard earned money will be remitted to the beneficiary’s account in any branch of BOC within one hour and other banks within a working day*. You will receive a confirmation by email of the transfer.
Remittance Fees: Prevailing remittance Fees are listed below.
ROUNDED UP TO
|UP TO £500||£5|
|£501 - £1,000||£7.50|
|£1,001 - £5,000||£10|
|£5,001 - £10,000||£15|
|£10,001 - £20,000||£20|
|£20,000+||0.1% OF THE VALUE (Max £50)|
|OTHER CHARGES – CHEQUE CLEARING CHARGES £2.00/CHEQUE (PER ITEM)|
The Bank has the right to review remittance fees from time to time.
* All the above are subject to the Bank’s standard terms and conditions.
For more information please contact us